Friday, July 18, 2014

Beauty & The Streets (Prologue)

"Hiraeth" - 11x14 oil on canvas
"If Only I Could Break Down The System" - 16x20 oil on canvas
"Voice The Victory And Unlearn The Ways Of Self Defeat" - 14x18 oil on canvas
"I Was Born Make Mistakes, But I Ain't Scared To Take The Weight" - 14x18 oil on canvas
"For All Who Deny The Struggle, The Triumphant Overcome" -18x24 oil on canvas

"An intimate look at women in dirty/grimey places, showing that no matter where a woman is placed, the setting can be transformed. Like all things in nature, everything has an opposite. Black/ white, good/bad ugliness/beauty...the streets and it's ugliness, women and their beauty, that's one of the most honest truths of the world."
- excerpt from my original sketchbook notes

"I want to be a mystery to you, untouchable, a star all to myself, a galaxy away from your starved fingers"
- Emily Palermo

"If you're going through hell, keep going"
- Winston Churchhill

"Nobody can save you but yourself and you're worth saving. It's a war not easily won, but if anything is worth winning then this is it. Think about it. Think about saving yourself."
- Charles Bukowski

Previous posts: Overture Vol. I , Overture Vol. II , Overture Vol. III



No comments: